The Legislature is in session - We Need Your Voice!
The New York State legislative session runs through mid-June but we need support from our entire constituency NOW to make legalizing Class 1 E-bikes and 3’ codified in existing law as the standard for Safe Passing a reality. NYBC is working hard to get these bills in front of key legislators – but we need constituents to write their elected representatives in both the New York State Assembly and Senate to support these common-sense bills.
NYBC thanks Assemblyman Phil Steck, Assemblyman N. Nick Perry, and Senator Thomas O’Mara for their commitment to bicyclist and pedestrian rights for bringing these bills to their respective chambers of government.
How You Can Help:
- Write to Assemblyman David Gantt, Chairman of the Assembly Standing Committee for Transportation to request he allow these bills to come up for a vote.
- Contact your Assembly and Senate members and request that they sign on as co-sponsors to either or both this session’s two major campaign.
- Find your Assembly Person or Senator.
- 3′ Safe Passing Bills – AO2845 / SO1995
- Legalizing Class 1 E-bikes Bills – A07791 / SO6029B
- Arrange an in-district visit with your local member of the State Assembly or State Senate to discuss why these bills are important to you as a constituent. Our One Sheets provide talking points for both 3′ Safe Passing Distance and Legalizing Class 1 E-Bikes
- Sign our petitions
- Sign up for our monthly e-news to stay current on our campaigns and action alerts.
- Share your views on social media. Be sure to tag us! Facebook / Twitter / Instagram
- Become a member of NYBC. Your financial support makes it possible for our staff to advocate for bicyclist and pedestrian rights.
We’d love to hear from you and are happy to provide strategic advice and assistance – contact us at [email protected].