Advocate: Join us in Albany to fight for better biking & walking
Join us for Advocacy Day on February 2 to help us tell legislators that now it’s time for NY State to invest the money that’s needed to make our streets and communities safer and better for everyone to bike and walk.
Our communities need more and better sidewalks, bike lanes, and trails! A few miles aren’t enough. We need networks that connect to key destinations and protect our children and our families.
This is the opportunity to tell your state senators and assembly members that all New Yorkers–regardless of age or ability–need access to trails and infrastructure that encourages safe and healthy transportation options.
It’s easy. It’s fun. It’s effective.
Here’s how to get involved:
- Register now.
- Join us for a planning call on Tuesday, January 26 at noon. During the call we’ll prep you for our legislative visits so you’ll know what to expect on Advocacy day.
- The call in number is 712-432-0180 and the access code is 786019#
- Participation is not required, but we strongly encourage you to join the call.
- If you can’t join the call, please contact us and lets know so we can get you up to speed.
- Read the “2016 Advocacy Day Materials” and use them to guide you.
- Come to the Concourse at the Empire State Plaza in Albany on the morning of Tuesday, February 2!
On Advocacy Day, you’ll join a team of experienced advocates. As you arrive, we’ll introduce you to your team members and review the day’s schedule over coffee. Then it’s off to make our voices heard! Team leaders will assist you visiting and talking with legislators.
Please register now! Prior to Advocacy Day, we will provide you with everything you need to know to be successful.
Can’t make it to Albany on February 2?
Don’t worry, you can still make your voice heard and support our efforts! Join the call on January 26, and we’ll provide you with all you need for your local visit with your legislator. Another option is to share your story with us about why biking and walking are important to you.
We’d also really appreciate it if you complete this Story form and email it to [email protected] and follow these instructions for DIY local advocacy – meeting with and talking to your assembly member(s) in their home district can have a big impact!
Our friends, our families, and our communities all deserve safe, enjoyable, and easy-to-access streets and places to bike and walk… but it doesn’t magically or freely happen overnight.
With your support, 2016 will be a big year for healthy transportation in NY!