Happy Bike Month!
May is Bike Month and NYBC wants to help celebrate. If you love riding bikes as much as we do, join us:
- Every Tuesday at 12:15pm, join our Executive Director Paul Winkeller for a ride around the Capitol Building to support 3 feet Safe Passing Distance legislation. RSVP on our Facebook
- The Ride of Silence commemorates those who have been injured or killed this past year while bicycling. Honor their memory and ride to bring awareness to bicyclists right to the road. The Ride of Silence takes place the third Wednesday of May (May 16 this year). Find an event near you.
- Bike to School Day is May 9. Plan an event for your school. Need help? Our Education staff is ready to assist!
- Bike to Work Week is May 14-18. Not sure how to get started with bike commuting? Our Education staff can help get you rolling! In the Capital Region? Join us for our 3′ Safe Passing ride on 5/15.
- Join us for the National Bike Challenge – enter to win prizes by logging your bike rides.
Find a Bike Month event near you!
Check our Event Calendar! But this is only a portion of the excitement and events happening this month around the state.
Click below to learn more about our member organizations and what they are doing for Bike Month or how you can get involved in YOUR community.
- Albany Bicycle Coalition
- Albany Bike Rescue
- Downtube Bicycle Works
- Mad Dog Bicycles
- Mohawk-Hudson Bicycle Club
- The Great Big FANY Ride
- Troy Bike Rescue
- Warren County Safe & Quality Bicycle
Central New York
- Bike Friendly Kingston
- Bike Nyack
- Bike Tarrytown
- Hudson PR LLC
- Sleek eBikes
- Westchester Cycle Club
- YMCA of Kingston and Ulster County
- Yorktown Trailtown
- Huntington Bicycle Club
- Massapequa Bicycle Club
- New York Coalition for Transportation Safety
- Suffolk Bicycle Riders Association
- Vision Long Island
- Adirondack Rail Trail
- Adirondack Velo Club
- Cycle Adirondacks
- Inside Edge Ski & Bike
- Gear to Go Tandems
Western New York